The OOH Playbook – Three-Year Study Proves OOH Effectiveness And Impact Of OOH Advertising Formats
Leading out-of-home agency Kinetic Worldwide this week launches the findings of new research carried out in partnership with Clear Channel, Global and JCDecaux designed to definitively pinpoint the effectiveness and impact of the rich variety of OOH advertising formats and environments on audiences.
The project creates the first true OOH Playbook providing planners with data to demonstrate the role different elements in the OOH media mix can play
Aimed at advertisers that wish to improve the effectiveness of their OOH media plans, the OOH Playbook demonstrates that OOH is particularly strong at driving five core brand outcomes: brand awareness, positive brand impression, enhancing impression of brand quality, enhancing propensity to recommend and projecting brand value for money.
The OOH Playbook demonstrates that:
- Ad awareness is all about long-term memorability. Large format and small format with contextual messaging are key to driving this brand outcome.
- Positive Brand Impression is linked to frequency of messaging and is driven by high-frequency environments like roadside, bus and transport.
- Quality is influenced by the company you keep – media plans that want to drive quality metrics need to include premium sites, premium environments or premium production techniques.
- Recommendation is driven by high dwell-time environments and is understood through Confirmation Bias – we spend more time with things we like.
- Value for Money is about making people feel that what they’re paying for something is worth it. This is driven by high dwell-time and premium environments.
Jennie Roper, Head of Insight at Kinetic commented: “The OOH Playbook proves that OOH works first and foremost. And it confirms a lot of the received wisdom that the OOH industry has traded on over the years. For example, if you want to drive quality it is all about the company that you keep and you need to invest in quality formats and environments.”
You can read the full article here.
Big Rig Wraps Transport Truck Advertising (Big Rig Wraps) is the premier provider of large-scale outdoor advertising on trucks up to 53 feet. Through a series of partnerships created with fleet truck owners, graphic designers, and certified installers, we make it possible and affordable for companies to take their advertising on the road, locally, regionally, nationally and internationally, even if they don’t own their own fleet. Learn more about Big Rig Wraps here.